Sunday, May 2, 2010

May Day Resolutions

Alright, so I haven't been very good at keeping up with the blog lately. I even failed miserably at setting a New Year's resolution to start up again...it's now May and I haven't posted a single entry all year!!! So I'm making it a May Day resolution to begin again. What has brought on this renewed interest in blogging? I recently learned about a web site that will take your blog and bind all the entries into a beautiful book. I must admit that I've been bad about everything memory related lately (blogging, taking and printing pictures, and keeping up with the kids baby books) But being able to simply have my blog printed in a nice book - that appeals to this busy mom, so I'm making the effort.

I'm starting with a post that is mostly kid free. My mom came in town about a week ago and was so nice to stay with the kids for a whole weekend so Matt and I could get away. We went to the Greenbrier in West Virginia and had the best time. It was so nice to get away for a few days, reconnect, and just spend some time together. If you're not familiar with the resort, I suggest you check it out, it's beautiful. We did all kinds of things that we never take the time to do when we are busy being parents. We played checkers while having drinks, went to dinner without having to cut food, spent an afternoon on the river kayaking, went to the spa, and went bowling just to name a few things. We came back feeling rested and ready to wrestle the monkeys again. I'm secretly looking forward to our next get away!

No comments: