Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dancing Queen

Paige started tap and ballet lessons today and I think that she really liked them! Her teacher is Miss Nicole and she said that Paige was a little shy at first but seemed to warm up quickly. I think that it really helped that her friend Hannah from school was in her class too. Miss Nicole said that Paige was so funny because she would ask her to do something and Paige would reply, "I can't do that, it's too hard" and then she would do it. So, they are going to work on not using the "can't" word. After class on the way home when asked what she learned Paige told me that she learned to "plies", not a bad start for the first day of ballet. She also told me that she knew which foot to use since one had a pink dot on it (I'm assuming that they are working on distinguishing the right from the left). It should be a fun year, I can't wait for the recital at the end.