Friday, October 31, 2008

Lessons Learned

I decided as a special treat on Halloween, that Paige and I would make homemade cut-out cookies. Here are some things that I learned:

1. When Paige begs to "let me do it myself" resist the urge to let her - nutmeg and flower will be dumped on the floor.

2. More dough will be eaten than actually baked into cookies.

3. Little fingers cannot resist the temptation to poke holes in freshly rolled out dough.

4. "I want a bite" translates to "I have already taken a bite of flour, dough, baked cookies, icing, sprinkles, etc..."

5. One bite out of multiple cookies tastes much better than eating one whole cookie.

6. Do not expect that anything of nutritional value will be eaten for lunch after the above activity.

7. It will take five times as long to clean up the kitchen as it did to make the mess.

8. The back deck will look like it has just snowed after brushing Paige off.

9. I will learn a lesson in patience, although Paige will not (two-year olds cannot wait for anything).

10. I will have great memories of our first real baking experience.

No comments: